Wednesday 24 August 2011

Summer Lovin'

Summer lovin', had me a blast
Summer lovin', happened so fast...

Yes, incase you were wondering, I did get to play Sandy when my class put on Grease. :) 

I think that they might have made me lip sync, but that's not the point. The point is that I got to play a star!

But, now my summer lovin' fame is long over and it's almost another September. This does mean that Christmas is getting closer, but it also means that summer's almost over. 

Fall and winter in Victoria mean rain, lots of it... And that doesn't make me happy. 

What does make me happy is remembering to appreciate the fact that summer is still here. So I get out to my BBQ every chance I can and make new treats as soon as I can come up with them. 

Tonight's treat is something that I've been meaning to make for a while and after one bite I knew it was worth the wait. 

This dessert is as simple as they come, but tastes so much like a creamy peach pie, it's uncanny. 

No cans in this dish though, just the fresh fruit of summer. :)



Grilled Peaches 

For this recipe all I'm going to tell you are the ingredients and I'll leave it up to you to figure out how to put it together. 

Or you could just click on the link to my full recipe for Grilled Peaches at the Real Women of Philadelphia website. Then you might feel like entering yourself too!

4 ripe peaches
2 tablespoons of vanilla yogurt
2 tablespoons of cream cheese
4 tablespoons of chopped pistachios 

So what do you think?

Do you need to full recipe or are just the ingredients enough? Or did you click on my full recipe to enter the contest? 

All answers are good ones, as long as you try the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment