Friday 19 August 2011

Peas and Thank You

I am really loving my food processor, so much that I already have another tasty dish that I made using it!

But since I know the pain to reading about a recipe and then seeing you need a special piece of equipment to make it, I will help you out. If you don't have a food processor, try using a blender or immersion blender instead. I think it will work just as well.

So get your apron on and let's get going. It's easy peasy enough to try on a Friday night after a long week of work!


Easy Peasy Pesto Pasta

That's right, pesto doesn't mean just basil. It can be made out of anything at all.

And if you don't trust me, try my recipe:

  • box of dry pasta
  • sausages
  • 2 cups of frozen peas
  • 1/2 cup of cream cheese
  • 1/4 cup of olive oil
  • cloves of garlic
  • 1/2 tsp. of red pepper flakes
  • 1 pinch of salt and pepper
  • 1/2 cup of water
  • 1/4 cup of fresh basil, dwarf or finely chopped
  1. Cook sausages in a frying pan or grill until cooked through, about 10-15 minutes.
  2. While sausages are cooking, boil water and cook pasta. Keep a 1/2 cup or so of the water once pasta is finished cooking for the pesto.
  3. Cook peas in the microwave and transfer to a food processor. Add cream cheese, garlic cloves, and red pepper flakes. Pulse for a few second, until peas and cream cheese are combined.
  4. Add water and olive oil while continuing to pulse until your desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
  5. Add pesto to pasta and toss to combine.
  6. Slice sausages and add to the pasta.
  7. Serve and top with fresh basil. Enjoy!
Alright, so basil is in it. But it's only a garnish, it's not in the pesto!

No comments:

Post a Comment