Saturday 23 March 2013

From the Vault

I might be taking a break from eating steak right now, but I sure wasn't in the summer. Today's recipe is  one I created in the summer and I have to say that it would be perfect served on anything barbecued - fish, chicken, steak, or veggies. 

This sauce is based on my favourite chimichurri recipe but I've made it wonderfully creamy to make it extra special. I'm not sure if the South American creators of a chimichurri would agree with me about this, but I sure do love it!

Creamy Chimichurri Sauce - serves 4

1 bunch parsley
1 bunch cilantro
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons vinegar
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 green onions sliced
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup Philadelphia Cooking Creme, originalSalt and pepper to taste
Barbecued steak, chicken, fish, or veggies for serving with

1. Add cilantro, parsley, green onions, garlic, red pepper flakes, vinegar, and lime juice to a food processor and pulse under finely chopped.

2. Pour in olive oil and pulse to mix. 


3. Add Philadelphia Cooking Creme and pulse to mix again. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

4. Serve a generous amount of Creamy Chimichurri Sauce with anything straight off the grill and enjoy. 

Warning: You and your family may want to lick your plate clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment