Wednesday 6 March 2013

Squashing Hunger

I am a hungry person. I see food, I get hungry, and I want to eat it. This happens even after I've just finished a great meal. 

To make myself feel better about the little bowl of chips I often want after dinner, I try and fill up on healthy veggies at dinner. And to keep myself interested in said veggies, I try and make lots of new combinations because who can get excited about steamed broccoli seven nights a week? 

Today's post is a new casserole that filled me up and also filled me with excitement. It was delicious and easy, perfect for a weeknight. 

Butternut Squash, Tomato, and Swiss Chard Casserole - serves 4

1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed
1 can of chopped tomatoes, juice drained
1 bunch of Swiss chard, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/3 cup goat cheese, crumbled
Salt and pepper

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Drizzle squash with oil, salt, and pepper and roast until tender, about 40 minutes depending on the size of your chunks of squash.

2. Add tomatoes and Swiss chard and continue cooking until tomatoes warm and chard is wilted.

3. Top with crumbled goat cheese and enjoy!

I served this dish with some grilled fish, but I think it would be great with anything!

1 comment:

  1. This looks really good and thank you for sharing it on my facebook page! I love the mix of veggies!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete