Thursday 14 March 2013

In a Jam

The other night I was baking cupcakes for a friend and realized I had very little icing sugar. I wasn't going to serve my cupcakes bare, so I had to figure something out.

I looked through my cupboards and saw that I had some jam and decided I would try to make something work. While I mixed up my new recipe I envisioned myself stopping at the grocery store the next morning to pick up some pre made icing, but I still crossed my fingers that my recipe might turn out. 

Amazingly, it worked. I was out of my jam by using jam. :) And you know what, it tasted great!

Berry Good Jam Icing - makes enough for 24 cupcakes 

1/2 cup butter
1 cup icing sugar 
1/4 cup jam, preferably with lots of chunky berries for texture 

1. Using mixers, combine all ingredients.

2. Spread onto cool cupcakes and enjoy! 

I tried out my recipe for Chocolate Banana Brownies as cupcakes and they were great!  I didn't top them with sugar and chocolate chips since I had my frosting, but maybe I will next time. 

3 comments:

  1. http://www.foodiefriendsfriday.com/2013/04/foodie-friends-friday-with-stella-dot.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GREAT idea! Thanks for sharing with Foodie Friends Friday! Please come back this week and join our Cookie Party!

    ReplyDelete