Saturday 10 September 2011

'Twas the Night Before September

'Twas the night before September, when all through BC
People were full from eating, as far as the eye could see;
The dishes were done by Luke with care, 
In hopes that breakfast soon would be there...

Ok... So my rhymes are not as good as some people's are. I'll stop now before you get mad. 

Sometimes I play around and think I sound great with my rhymes for possible children's books, but my family always holds their ears in pain. And I don't want you to feel like that!

But back to the night before September, something exciting did happen to me on August 31. 

Drum roll please... 


I was chosen as one of the top 40 winners to be a part of the Real Women of Philadelphia cookbook for my Grilled Mediterranean Pizza!

(And you know what, these pizzas would be great with leftover chicken thrown on top too! So they fit right into my posts for the week!)



There's still time to enter! So get cracking and we can both be in the cookbook! 

Luke and my mom both are entering and I don't want it to just be a family deal, I want everyone to win!

And speaking of winning.... 

If you have a few spare minutes and want to vote for your favourite BBQ-er, please do! 

Head on over to Coca-Cola Ultimate Burger Recipe Contest page and cast your vote!

My entry is on page two under Sarah from BC and it's called the Asian Sensation Burger. 

After all my friends help me to win, I will share the recipe for the burgers with you. 

Ok... You don't have to twist my arm, I'll share my recipe with you even in the event that I come in second place. :) 

Tune in later this month to hear how I did, but please friends keep voting! 

You can vote once a day until Friday, September 16!

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment