Saturday 1 June 2013

Hearty Breakfast

Have you ever found a flavour of Cheerios you haven't liked? I know I haven't; I've loved every single flavour I've eaten - original, honey nut, peanut butter, apple cinnamon, and chocolate - and I cannot wait to see what's coming up next. 


When I heard that Cheerios was taking their classic Honey Nut cereal and recreating it into something new by adding in crispy oats and nut clusters, I got really excited. I am a big fan of using old things and making them into something fun and different. I mean just look at my Christmas decoration made from sea glass found in the beaches near my home! 

I love Cheerios' idea of recreating their classic into something new so much that I wanted to share one of my other DIY projects with you. I call it "how I made the day I ruined one of my favourite teapots better", or to put it more plainly, what I did after I broke the lid on my teapot. 

The old me that didn't reuse would have probably thrown away a teapot if it had a broken lid. The new me looked for a way I could still use the teapot and I came up with something great. I decided to use it as a pot to plant flowers in! 

This way I'd have lots of opportunity to still look at my teapot and it's the perfect size for a little summery centrepiece by my BBQ. 


Now it's your turn to tell me how you create something new from something old. Do you make your leftovers into a new meal? Or are you crafty and make broken teapots into planter like me? Whatever it is, I want to hear about it. 

Plus, the first 25 readers that complete the below form will be able to receive a FREE box of Cheerios Hearty Oat Crunch! 


But don't worry if you're not one of the first 25 people to complete the form because you can still get a free product too. Just visit the Life Made Delicious Facebook page from June 3-25 (while supplies last) and get one of two coupons: 

One for Cheerios Hearty Oats Crunch or Fibre 1 Almond and Cluster Delight redeemable on July 16 
Or one for Fibre 1 bars, Nature Valley, Golden Grahams, or Cinnamon Toast Crunch Treats redeemable on July 23
Visit the Life Made Delicious Facebook page for details! 

“Disclosure – I am participating in the Honey Nut Cheerios Hearty Oat Crunch Blogger Campaign by Mom Central Canada on behalf of General Mills, and received compensation as a thank you for participating and for sharing my honest opinion. The opinions on this blog are my own.” 

1 comment: