Wednesday 12 October 2011

Dressing for Success

I know appearances aren't everything, but a first impression does count. And if your first impression isn't all that great, you might not get everything you wanted.

The first glance determines a lot. You look at something and decide whether or not you want to get a taste of it, you get a lasting impression and that might affect the taste you have of it...

Wait... You don't think I'm talking about a job interview or something do you?

I'm not. Don't you know where you are? You're reading Delish in a Dish! And I'm talking about food!

Food impressions count just as much as people impressions, maybe more because at least people can talk. The only thing food can offer you before you take a bite is how it looks and how it smells.

So I try my best to make food look appetizing. Hopefully you'll agree that a picture of my most recent dressing recipe offers enough to make you want to take a bite. And if not, let me tell you that the smell was incredible!




Simple Cranberry Sage Dressing

2 1/2 cups bread (I used some of my Rosemary Bread), chopped into even bite sized chunks
1 medium onion, minced
3 stalks of celery, finely chopped
1/2 cup fresh cranberries
2 tablespoons fresh sage, finely chopped
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup turkey stock
1/4 cup milk
Pinch of salt and pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Heat oil in a large pan at medium heat. Add onion and celery and cook until the onion begins to sweat, about 5 minutes.

3. Combine bread, cranberries, sage, salt, and pepper in a 9 inch square baking dish and once onions and celery are cooked, mix them into the bread mixture.

4. Combine egg, milk, and stock in a small bowl and mix well.

5. Pour stock mixture over bread mixture and gently mix to combine.

6. Cover baking dish with a piece of foil and bake for about 30 minutes.

7. Remove foil and continue cooking another 15 minutes so that bread on top of the dressing can get toasty.

8. Serve with turkey and enjoy!



To learn more about the difference between dressing and stuffing, see my post here. Which of the two do you like to serve?

No comments:

Post a Comment