Tuesday 19 April 2011

Getting burnt

One the least enjoyable aspects involved with cooking is getting burnt. I'm not taking about burning your dinner, that isn't enjoyable either, but rather physically burning yourself. I have great oven mitts but somehow I either forgot to wear them, decide that I don't need them, or some sneaky bit of hot metal, steam, or glass manages to find me.

There was no exception to this rule last night -- as I pulled a turkey from the oven I not only came out with the turkey but with a hot red welt on my arm too. Very attractive and it felt great.

Luckily Luke has a great cream to put on burns and it really takes any pain away. It's called Mopiko and you can purchase this at any Asian stores. I can't read any of the ingredients on the package, it's all in Chinese, but I am going to guess that it's a natural product because the smell of peppermint is so delicious that I almost want a lick. Maybe the Asian writing is one of the reasons the product isn't carried in Canadian pharmacies?

Since I've had this great product I've been less upset with burning myself but last night I was filming a short video for an entry into the Philadelphia challenge. I had my arm covered in the white cream but like a true actor, I stayed in character and smiled during the filming.

Five points to anyone that can see the cream on my arm in the video, ten points if you tell me you can't see it at all.

Anyway, I hope you can find this product because every cook should have a tube in their kitchen, especially if you're a klutz like me.

Let me know what you think of my entry for Fresh Pea and Mint Risotto.

It's actually my third entry but my second one was disqualified  because I was so creative that I filmed Polenta Two Ways, creamy polenta for dinner one night and grilled polenta with the leftovers the next night. I guess you can't use two recipes in one video.

Oh well, I'll just have to create more recipes and enter again. It's not a bad thing when you are told you have to enjoy more cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment