I really don't think I will have to fish very hard for compliments after you take a bite of this dish, but you never know what suits other people's tastes.
One of the best things about this dish is that it's very easy to make it a few different ways. I chose to make it into fish tacos because I absolutely love fish tacos, but you could also make it as fillets of fish with the chimichurri sauce as a garnishing sauce.
Either way, I think this dish will taste great. And because you can make the sauce in advance, it's super simple too.
Not ready to compliment this dish yet? Try making it and see how you feel then!
8 wheat or corn tortillas
1/2 cup plain yogurt, for garnish
1 pound fresh white fish, cut into bite sized pieces
3 tablespoons oil
1/2 cup flour
1 tablespoon oregano, finely chopped
1 tablespoon paprika
2 teaspoons turmeric
2 teaspoons oil
1 - 2 cups button mushrooms, halved
1 bunch parsley
1 bunch cilantro
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons vinegar
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 green onions sliced
1/2 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Start by making your chimichurri sauce. Add cilantro, parsley, green onions, garlic, red pepper flakes, vinegar, and lime juice to a food processor and pulse under finely chopped.
2. Pour in 1/2 cup olive oil and pulse to mix. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Next heat the remaining 3 tablespoons oil in a large frying pan. Add the mushrooms and begin to cook them.
4. Mix the flour, oregano, paprika, turmeric, and 2 teaspoons oil in a bowl. Dredge the fish pieces in the mixture. Add the fish to the frying pan with the mushrooms and cook until lightly brown and flakey.
5. Warm tortillas if you like and place a little yogurt on the bottom of each, top with some chimichurri sauce and a pieces of fish and mushrooms. Bundle up the taco and enjoy!
Pretty easy right? It just looks like a lot of ingredients!