I think you all know that most of time I like to get creative in the kitchen. But sometimes I crave a standard cookie to have with tea or milk.
Sometimes it's a craving for a yummy chocolate chip cookie and sometimes it's a great oatmeal raisin cookie.
To me a great oatmeal raisin cookie has lots of great spices, is soft and chewy, and the raisins are plump and full of yumminess. I think these cookies fit the bill!
2 eggs, beaten
2/3 cup raisins
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 2/3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/3 cups oats
1. In a small bowl, combine eggs, raisins, and vanilla. Cover and chill for about an hour.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. In a medium bowl, cream the butter and sugars. In another bowl, combine the flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture all at once and stir to combine.
4. Next, stir in the egg and raisin mixture, followed by the oats. Dough will be pretty stiff.
5. Drop teaspoon sized balls onto cookie sheets and bake for about 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden. Let cool and enjoy!
So what do you think? Good enough to eat?