Saturday 23 August 2014

Thai One On

I never thought I'd be one of those girls that could order a salad for dinner and be satisfied. And, to be fair, normally I'm not satisfied. Normally I'm still hungry after eating just a salad.

But the salad I'm sharing today is different. It's full of Asian flavour, filling because of the peanuts, and incredibly healthy so you don't feel bad going back for seconds or even thirds.

Ok, so maybe I ate a lot of the salad and that's why I was full.... But I swear, it's a good one!


Thai Veggie Slaw - serves 4

1 small had of Savoy cabbage
1 cup of snap peas, cut into one inch pieces
1 sweet red bell pepper, sliced into one inch slivers
3 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup of cilantro, roughly chopped
1 small spicy chili pepper, optional
2 inch piece of ginger, minced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
3 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 teaspoons brown sugar (or palm sugar, if you have it)
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1/3 cup of salted peanuts
1/3 cup of deep fried shallots, homemade or purchased
Salt, to taste

1. Toss cabbage, peas, bell pepper, green onion, cilantro, and chili pepper (if using)in a large bowl. Sit aside.

2. Whisk together ginger, garlic, oil, lime juice, and sugar in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pour over cabbage mixture. Toss.

3. Scoop slaw into bowls and top with handfuls of peanuts and fried shallots. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment