Friday 13 September 2013

Chips and Dip

When I hear the words "chips and dip" I automatically think of thick cut potato chips, a huge bowl of French onion dip, and football. I also think of a couple hundred calories. I love chips and dip as much as the next girl, but I also want to be able to enjoy a crunchy chip and a silky dip without the crazy calories.

Thus my Cinnamon Apple Chips and Caramel Yogurt Dip were born. These chips are low fat, crunchy, incredibly yummy, and would make a great back to school gift for a teacher too. Plus, when they're served with this dip, oh boy, you had better make a double batch. Mine disappeared right   before my eyes. And I was the only one home too!

Cinnamon Apple Chips and Caramel Yogurt Dip - serves 1-2

2 large Granny Smith apples
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons sugar, if desired
2 tablespoons fat free caramel topping
1/3 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons walnuts or pecans
2 tablespoons butterscotch chips

1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper.

2. Using a mandolin, cut apples into thin slices.

3. Combine cinnamon and sugar (if using) and sprinkle over apple slices.

4. Lay apples in an even layer on the parchment lined baking tray and bake for 30 minutes.

5. Flip apples and bake another 30 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Let cool on the baking tray and apples will continue to crisp a little more.

6. While apples are baking, make your dip. Spoon yogurt into a dish, drizzle caramel sauce over top, and sprinkle with nuts and butterscotch chips. Set aside until chips are ready and enjoy!

If reading this doesn't make you ready to eat, you must be in the mood for something savoury instead. If that's the case, try Life Made Delicious' Southwestern Dip. If you use low fat sour cream, mayonnaise, and cheese it's practically good for you!

I heard that General Mills is coming out with a new Greek yogurt called Yopa! With only 80 calories and zero grams of fat, I know this is one Greek yogurt I'll be trying soon. Find out more about this new product on Life Made Delicious' Facebook page. And there are also some great coupons there up for grabs!

Disclosure: I am part of the Life Made Delicious Blogger Program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment