Sunday 11 November 2012

Lest We Forget

Today we remember all the brave men and women who have fought for our country and given us the freedom we are thankful for today; thank you to all the veterans and fallen soldiers.

The way I thank people, congratulate loved ones, and celebrate memories is with food. I put thought and work into cooking and baking to demonstrate my feelings and hope that everything is understood. I'll keep today's post short and sweet by sharing a Lemon Poppy Seed Bread today.

Lemon Poppy Seed Bread - Makes 10 slices

1 1/4 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup oats
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 pinch of salt
1 cup of milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 egg
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 teaspoons lemon zest

1. Preheat oven to 350.

2. Combine dry ingredients in one bowl and whisk together. Combine wet ingredients in another bowl and stir to combine.

3. Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir until just combined. Pour into a greased loaf pan.

4. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until loaf is slightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean.

5. Slice and serve for breakfast, toast for a new texture, or pour a glaze over top for a dessert.

For the glaze, I use my glaze from my Lemon Coconut Cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment