Saturday 17 November 2012

Give Thanks

I am a proud Canadian, but I love turkey so I am happy to celebrate the upcoming American holiday as well as my own. And since I the holiday is about giving thanks, why not? 

For the next few days I'll be sharing a few new side dishes that I think could be perfect accompaniments to a turkey, a ham, or really any cozy home-cooked meal. And maybe you will think of them the next time you're wondering how to switch up your veggies. 

Today's post is about spiffing up a misunderstood veggie. I love Brussel sprouts and I like to think that this recipe may change the mind of some of sprout's less than biggest fans too - it's that good!

Maple Balsamic Brussel Sprouts - serves 4

1 lb of Brussel sprouts, ends trimmed and halved if large
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pinch of salt and pepper
1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons maple syrup

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

2. Toss Brussel sprouts with salt, pepper, and olive oil and place in an even layer on a baking sheet. Bake 30-45 minutes, or until the middle of the sprouts are fork tender, stirring half way through the cooking so no leaves burn.

3. When the sprouts are finished cooking, drizzle with maple syrup and vinegar and toss to combine.

4. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment