Wednesday 23 May 2012

I've Got a Feeling!

Not too long ago I was sharing with you a few of the recipe contests I have recently entered where I was not chosen as a winner. I showed you a few of my top ten finishes and then shared some of my non-winning entries.

And now I've been at it again and instead of not placing at all, Luke and I are Top Ten Finalists in the Olivieri Taste of Home Recipe Competition! The winners haven't been announced yet, but I love eating lasagna so much that I have a good feeling about this one. 


Regardless of whether I win or not, I am happy with how my lasagnas have turned out. They tasted great and got my creative juices flowing. This week I will be sharing with you all the recipes I entered, and Luke's Top Ten entry too!

First off, one that didn't make the Top Ten, but is super tasty. I think it only didn't make it into the Top Ten because it's a cannelloni made from lasagna pasta. 

Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni - makes 12 cannelloni

1 package of frozen spinach
2 eggs
1 cup of plain yogurt, non-fat Greek if possible
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/2 feta cheese, diced or crumbled
1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, finely diced
6 fresh lasagna sheets, cut in half
2 1/2 cups of tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese, grated
Salt and pepper

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

2. Defrost package of frozen spinach in your microwave and drain all the water. 

3. In a large bowl, combine spinach with eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese, feta cheese, sun dried tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Mix well. 

4. Scoop about 3 tablespoons of cheese and spinach mixture into each half lasagna sheet roll them up. 

5. Smooth 1/2 cup of tomato sauce on the bottom of a large baking dish. Place cannelloni in the baking dish and cover with an additional two cups of tomato sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. 

6. Cover cannelloni with tin foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove tin foil and bake an additional 5-10 minutes. Let stand about 10 minutes before scooping individual onto plates and enjoying.

Sounds yummy? Wait until you hear the recipes that made it into the Top Ten! Luke's Top Ten French Onion Soup Lasagna is coming up next :)

No comments:

Post a Comment