Monday 4 August 2014

Bananas For Breakfast

There is nothing I love more than a leisurely long weekend breakfast. I love throwing a big breakfast for friends and enjoying one with my sweetie in our pjs. If you asked me to choose which I loved more, I don't think I could do it.

For BC Day this year, I made one of my most simple pancake recipes and topped it with a truly decadent sauce. It's a little reminiscent of bananas foster, but or so simple and perfect for a leisurely long weekend breakfast.

Ready for my Brandy Banana Nut Pancakes? Read on for the recipe!

Brandy Banana Nut Pancakes - serves 4

Pancakes

1 cup flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten 
1 cup milk
2 tablespoon melted butter
3 tablespoons walnuts, chopped 

Brandy Banana Sauce

3 bananas, peeled and sliced
2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons brown sugar 
2 tablespoons whipping cream
1 tablespoon brandy 

1. Combine all dry pancake ingredients in a large bowl. Combine all wet ingredients in a small bowl. 

2. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until just combined. 

3. Grease a pan or skillet at medium heat and pour about 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan and let cook. Gently flip the pancake when bubbles start to form, about two minutes on each side. 

4. While the pancakes are cooking, make the sauce. Combine the butter and brown sugar in a pan and cook on medium heat until the butter melts. Stir to combine and add in the whipping cream and brandy. Stir to combine again and gently place the bananas in an even layer in the pan, just allowing them to warm. 

5. Serve pancakes with a generous spoon of Brandy Banana Sauce on top. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment