Thursday 7 August 2014

Oatcakes, Oat Biscuits, Oat My

I was recently given products from Nairn's Oatcakes to try and enjoy. And, after just one bite, I was hooked. Nairn's Oatcakes are simple, healthy, wholesome, and a perfect pairing for a decadent topper.

Who am I kidding, though? Half of my family is from Scotland, so I am pretty much born to eat oats. Oatcakes, oat biscuits, oat anything is truly yummy to me. The only problem for me when eating Nairn's Oatcakes was when I tried to pick a favourite flavour. I liked them all!


So instead of choosing a favourite flavour, I worked on the perfect topper. What I came up with was something that was incredibly easy and incredible tasting. It's a Salmon Pâté that bursts with flavour and goes perfectly with Nairn's Oatcakes. Visit Nairn's Oatcakes on Facebook to learn more.


Salmon Pâté - makes 3 cups

1 can of salmon, drained and skin removed
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 package (about 75 g) of smoked salmon, chopped
1/4 cup finely chopped chives
1/2 cup whipping cream

1. Start by stirring together the canned salmon, lemon juice, mayonnaise, and salt. Then fold in the smoked salmon and chives.

2. Whip the whipping cream into soft peaks. Set aside.

3. Next, gently fold the whipping cream into the salmon mixture in two additions.

4. Serve with Nairn's Oatcakes now or refrigerate until you are ready to serve.


Disclaimer: I was given free product to write this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment