Wednesday 25 December 2013

Merry Christmas from Delish in a Dish

My family is opening up stockings, enjoying freshly baked breakfast pastries, and drinks mimosas right now. It is a fabulous day and thank you for spending a moment of your time to join us. 

Today I am sharing a cookie recipe from a cookie exchange I went to this year, because if you're anything like me - you always have room for another cookie, especially on Christmas! 

I love these cookies because they're easy to make and delicious, perfect for a Christmas afternoon treat. I used preserves I received as a gift from the Preservation Society, a small Montreal preservation company that makes wonderful little jars of goodness, to fill my Sacher Torte Cookies. 

I used a mix of the traditional apricot jam (Preservation Society's Apricot Jam with honey and chamomile) and some of their special batch wild strawberries soaked in elderflower liquor. I think I need another taste to figure out which one I liked best! 

Sacher Torte Cookies - makes about 24-36 cookies

1 cup butter
1 3.9 oz package of chocolate pudding mix
1 egg
2 cups of flour
1/4 cup of granulated sugar
Apricot preserves or another preserved fruit
1/3 cup chocolate chips 
1 tablespoon butter

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. 

2. Cream together 1 cup of butter with the pudding mix. Add the egg and flour and stir until combined. 

3. Roll cookies into balls and roll balls into the sugar. Gently press your thumb into the balls and lay cookies on the lined cookie sheet. 

4. Bake for 15-18 minutes and cool on a wire rack. You may need to repress thumbprints into the cookies after they come out of the oven. 

5. While cookies are cooling, melt the remaining tablespoon of butter with the chocolate chips in the microwave. 

6. Fill indents with preserves and drizzle with a little melted chocolate. Enjoy! 

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas! 

And if there was one gift you were hoping for that you didn't find under the tree, check back in with Delish in a Dish because we have a great giveaway coming up in our next post on December 28!


No comments:

Post a Comment