Tuesday 10 December 2013

Christmas Sliders

'Tis the season to be jolly and also to look for time saving ideas! December seems to fly by in my house every year and while I wish for an extra hour every day in December, Santa never gets me the gift I really need so I have to find the extra time I wish for another way.

One of the ways I save time is by visiting the Pillsbury area of my grocery store. I like to say I'll be serving homemade cinnamon buns in Christmas morning, but it hasn't happened yet so I always buy a big roll of Grands Cinnamon buns. And I like to think I'll be making my own buns to serve with Christmas dinner, but I always buy a package or two of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls, "just incase".

This year I am little more organized than other years because I'm not pretending that I'm going to be making everything from scratch. I know what's going to end up happening. This year I'm stocking up on Pillsbury goodies, but planning on making them a little extra special by adding a few little twists. 

On Christmas morning, I am planning on making Life Made Delicious' Easy Crescent Danish Rolls and I think I might make Life Made Delicious' crescent rolled covered Raspberry Baked Brie at least once between now and the big day - because when I have I ever turned down Brie?

But first I made some incredibly yummy and surprising simple Shrimp Sliders on Pillsbury Crescents for a happy appy at a potluck I recently went to. I know you're going to want to make a batch up yourself. Read on for the recipe!


Shrimp Sliders on Pillsbury Crescents - makes 12 - 16

1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 green onions, chopped
1 egg
2 tablespoons parsley
1 lb of raw shrimp
1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
1-2 tablespoons vegetable oil,  for frying
2 packages of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls, baked
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoon lemongrass purée
2 teaspoons wasabi

1. In a food processor, pulse together the bread crumbs, garlic, green onions, egg, and parsley. Add the shrimp and pulse until just combined. Stir in the salt and pepper.

2. Heat oil in a non stick frying pan to medium heat.

3. Use a tablespoon measuring spoon to scoop up rounded spoons of the shrimp mixture and empty them into the pan. Repeat until all the shrimp mixture is in the pan cooking.

4. Cook sliders about two minutes, per side, or until slightly brown and cooked through.

5. While sliders are cooking, stir together the mayonnaise, lemongrass, and wasabi. Set aside.

6. Smear a little of the mayonnaise on one half of the crescent rolls. Top with a slider and sandwich together. Use a Christmas party pick to hold the sliders together, if desired.

A little birdie at Life Made Delicious told me that there might be a Pillsbury contest coming up soon so I think I might have them on my brain right now!

Disclosure: I am part of the Life Made Delicious Blogger Program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment