When I have friends over for a wine and appy party, I know I'd like to create a menu of entirely handmade little delicacies - but I also know that would only make me frazzled. I know I need to use my time wisely and make a few homemade appetizers and a few from the frozen or deli sections of my grocery store.
The two appys I am sharing today start might come in handy for those of you that want to make things even easier. These appys start out as the same basic recipe and then ever off into two different directions so you can have even more choices besides the wheel of Brie.
Get ready to run out to grocery store for wonton wrappers because these recipes need them. :)
Shrimp Salad Cups - makes 12
12 wonton wrappers
1 cup of baby shrimp, cooked
1 mango, finely diced
1 avocado, finely diced
2 green onions, minced
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 teaspoon honey
1 tablespoon oil plus a little more for spraying a muffin tin
1. Start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees. spraying a little oil into all 12 holes in a muffin tin. Then place a wonton wrapper on the bottom of each muffin tin hole. Spray a little more oil onto each wonton wrapper and then bake 10-12 minutes or until the wonton wrappers begin to crisp and brown. Remove wonton cups from the muffin tin and set aside.
2. While the wonton cups are baking, whisk together the oil, honey, and lime juice. Then add in the shrimp, mango, avocado, and green onion. Toss gently and set aside.
3. When the wonton cups are cool, spoon some of the shrimp mixture into them and enjoy right away.
Stuffed Mushroom Cups - makes 12
12 wonton wrappers
12 button mushrooms, stems removed
2 tablespoons golden raisins
2 tablespoons blue cheese
1 green onion, minced
1/4 cup bread crumbs
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees. spraying a little oil into all 12 holes in a muffin tin. Then place a wonton wrapper on the bottom of each muffin tin hole. Spray a little more oil onto each wonton wrapper and set aside.
2. Next mix together the raisins, cheese, green onions, bread crumbs, and oil. Stuff mixture into each of the mushrooms and place each mushroom into the wonton wrapper filled muffin tin holes.
3. Bake mushrooms for about 20-30 minutes or until mushrooms are soft and wonton wrappers are crispy. Enjoy right away.
If you are looking for more wonton wrapper appy ideas, check out my yummy Samosa Wonton Cups!