Thursday 26 September 2013

Easy Clean Up

While I love cooking, I hate cleaning up the kitchen. Usually my sweetie does the cleaning up and that's always a happy moment for me, but sometimes I do all the cleaning up too. Those nights I plan to cook something with as few dishes as possible.

This recipe is one I've seen on Pinterest and I took the idea and ran with it. It was too perfect for nights where I was cooking and cleaning up because there are only a couple dishes to do and it's delicious to boot!

Read on for my yummy Spaghetti Squash Alfredo, served in its own shell!


Spaghetti Squash Alfredo - makes 4 servings

2 small to medium spaghetti squashes, halved and seeds scooped out
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
2 cups milk
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 bunch of green onions, finely chopped
1/4 cup of parsley, finely chopped

1. Start by microwaving your squash halves. Just toss your squash halves into the microwave and nuke for about 20 minutes or until the inside of each squash is soft and warm.

2. Meanwhile, start your sauce. Melt the butter in a pot on the stove, then stir in the flour. Gradually add in the milk, whisking constantly. Then stir in 3/4 of the cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper. I didn't need any salt in my sauce because of all the cheese, but you might want a little extra.

3. When the squashes are done, take a fork and scrape the strands of squash around in each squash shell. Pour about 1/2 cup of sauce on each squash and place them on a cookie sheet. Place under the broiler in your oven for about 2 minutes or until the top of the squashes get a little crispy.

4. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with green onions, parsley, and a little of the remaining cheese if desired. Eat right out of the squash shells and enjoy fewer dishes than normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment