Saturday 28 September 2013

Meat on the Side

I haven't always been a person who'd love to fill up on a fresh and delicious salad while enjoying meat on the side, but I sure am now. Now I love seeing as much fresh green as possible on my plate and seeing only just enough protein to keep me healthy. 

Today's dish is a light curry over a small bed of rice topped with a few plump shrimp and a big fresh salad. It's perfect for a healthy person on the go and filled with enough flavour to satisfy anyone. 

Ready for my fresh and fast recipe? Read on for it! 

Curried Shrimp and Snow Pea Salad. - serves 4

1 can coconut milk
1-2 tablespoons red Thai curry paste 
1 lb shrimp, peeled and tails removed
3 tablespoons lime juice, divided
1 cup snow peas
1/2 cup bean sprouts 
2 tablespoons basil
2 tablespoons mint
1 tablespoon oil
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups cooked brown rice, for serving 
Lime wedges, for squeezing

1. Combine coconut milk, curry paste, and salt and pepper in a sauce pan. Cook on medium heat until fragrant and warm. Add shrimp and poach for about 2-4 minutes or until just cooked and opaque. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the lime juice. 

2. Meanwhile slice snow peas into thin slivers and toss with bean sprouts, herb, oil, remaining lime juice, and salt and pepper. Se aside. 

3. Serve bowls filled with half a cup of rice topped with curry and shrimp and a generous serving of salad. Pass around lime wedges for squeezing. 

I'd love to tell you where I first heard of the recipe, but I can't remember! I don't even know if I've changed it much or at all from the original recipe because I've made it so often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment