Tuesday 13 May 2014

Berry Nice Dressing

They say the best things in life are free? I say the best things in life are homemade, especially salad dressing.

I have bought many a bottle of salad dressing, though usually to use as a marinade or when I'm rushing to a backyard party, and I am almost never satisfied with what comes in the bottle. Store bought salad dressing is usually a little thick, a little too salty or sweet, and just not right. Homemade dressing takes seconds to mix together and tastes however you want it to taste.

Try my new go-to summer salad dressing, Strawberry Poppy Seed. It tastes as good as it looks and it's all natural!

Strawberry Poppy Seed Salad Dressing - makes about 1 cup

6 - 8 fresh, ripe strawberries
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice 
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons poppy seeds

Salt and sugar, to taste

1. Start by blending your strawberries in a blender until smooth and bright. You should have about 3/4 cup of puréed berries.

2. Next add in the oil, lemon juice, and mustard. Pulse again to emulsify.

3. Stir in the poppy seeds and add salt and sugar to taste.

I didn't use any sugar but it might have been because my berries were so sweet on their own. I might have put in a teaspoon or so if they weren't so perfect!

Looking  for another salad dressing option? Try my yummy Chia Salad Dressing as an alternative!

No comments:

Post a Comment