Tuesday 25 March 2014

Crispy Chick Peas - Take Two!

From the very first moment I tried a crispy chick pea, I knew I was hooked. They remind me of chips but they're so much healthier than a chips and what could be better than that?

I've shared my original recipe for Crispy Spiced Chickpeas and I still think they're delicious, but my new Sweet and Smokey Crispy Chickpeas are worth doing a cook off against the original. I think they might be even better than my original recipe!


Sweet and Smokey Crispy Chickpeas - serves 4

1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon maple syrup
2 teaspoons liquid smoke
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon smoked paprika

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a cookie tray with foil.

2. Toss chickpeas with oil, maple syrup, and liquid smoke and lay in an single layer on the cookie tray.

3. Bake for about 40 minutes, shaking the tray a few times during the baking so that they cook evenly.

4. Immediately after the chickpeas are finished baking, dust them with salt, brown sugar, and smoked paprika. Toss them to combine well.

5. Enjoy as a snack or as a soup or salad topper, like I did with this tomato soup recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment