Tuesday 4 March 2014

Breakfast Memories and Pillsbury #Strudelgram Contest

Breakfast has played a starring role in some of my favourite childhood memories. This might be because I am a morning person or maybe because I love tea and toast, but whatever the reason, I know breakfast will always be important to me.

Whenever my grandfather visited and we had pie for dessert, I always knew I could catch him in the kitchen the next morning digging a fork into straight into the leftover pie. On nice days in the summer my mom would pack up a breakfast picnic for the whole family to eat at the "water's edge". And cinnamon buns drizzled with cream cheese frosting will always have an important place at my family's Christmas breakfast meal.

Today my mornings are a little more rushed and I don't get to enjoy quite as many leisurely morning meals. But, Pillbury's Strudelgram contest is making breakfast fun again. It's not time consuming and it's easy for the whole family to get involved. All you need is a box of Pillsbury Toaster Strudels, a camera, and a little imagination.

First, decorate your breakfast pastry with frosting. Next, take a photo of your delicious creation. Finally, post it to the Strudelgram contest website. The contest is live from now until March 28, 2014 and there are two great prizes to be won. Find out more details at www.strudelgram.ca.

My first entry is shown below. I've called it "Morning Pie". I think it's pretty clever, but I'm going to try to top it tomorrow!


“Disclosure: I am part of the Pillsbury Strudelgram Campaign with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.”

No comments:

Post a Comment