Saturday 18 January 2014

Go Team Canada! #CheerForGold

Canada always seems to be known for winter fun. I have even seen an American car topped with skis and toboggans driving through Canada in August. I hope they weren't looking for a ski hill to be open, but if they were, at least they knew where to come back to in the winter.

Because Canada is so known for winter, I am always especially excited for the Winter Olympics. Our athletes are talented and they are going to be so much fun to cheer on!

Since I am so excited for the games next month, I want to learn a little more about our athletes and General Mills, a great supporter of Team Canada, has made that easy and fun to do. For a limited time, you can bring specially-marked boxes of Cheerios* Cereals, Oatmeal Crisp* Cereals, Lucky Charms*, Cinnamon Toast Crunch*, Reese® Puffs, Nature Valley*, Gushers* and Fruit by the Foot* to life on your Apple or Android smart phone or tablet with the help of the Blippar app.

When you have a specially-marked box of cereal or snacks, you'll first need to download the free Blippar app.


Next, open the Blippar app, scan a specially-marked box of cereal or snacks and let Blippar work it's magic.


Now, get to know our country's athletes, play a game, or even take a photo with an athlete!


Since I invited Eric Staal over to sit on my sofa, that's him on my sofa below, I decided it was only polite to offer him a beverage so I made him a Lucky Monkey Smoothie. I'm pretty sure he loved it.


I like to think that my Lucky Monkey Smoothies will be perfect to serve during the Games because they're so easy to make and delicious. Making them might make it so I don't miss a moment of our athletes winning big!


Lucky Monkey Smoothie - serves 2

1 large frozen banana, cut into chunks
1 1/2 cups of pineapple juice
2 tablespoons of peanut butter
1 tablespoon of cocoa
1/4 cup of Lucky Charms, Cheerios, or your choice of cereal, plus extra for garnishing 

1. Blend all ingredients, except for the cereal garnish. 

2. Pour into glasses, top with cereal,garnish, and enjoy!
“Disclosure: I am part of the Cereal & Snacks Olympic Blogger Campaign with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment