Thursday 15 August 2013

A Whole Mott of Happiness

I have a love / hate relationship with people at work who have a bowl of delicious sweet little candies on their desks, just begging me to indulge. It's hard to stop myself when I walk by their desks, but I try to say no to be healthy.

Now imagine being a child and seeing all the yummy snacks that the other kids are bringing to school and you're stuck with carrots and celery sticks because mom wants you to be healthy. I feel those kid's pain. Luckily this school year will be different because of Mott's Fruitsations and Veggie fruit snacks!

These fruit snacks are naturally flavoured, made with pear, apple, and carrot juice, gluten free, and have only 80 calories in each package. These fruit snacks are going to make kids and moms happy. And I know I'm going to be bringing a few packages to work to eat when I want one to be digging into the candy bowls.


And Mott's and Life Made Delicious are going to help us out in another way too. We can enter Mott's Fruitsations and Veggie Fruit snacks' contest from the Life Made Delicious Facebook page that could make back to school shopping a lot easier because there are three $500 gift cards up for grabs! And while you're on Life Made Delicious' Facebook page, pick up a $0.50 off coupon (while supplies last) to use when you buy your first (or second) box!

I also couldn't resist baking up some Mini Raspberry Filled Chocolate Cupcakes from the Life Made Delicious website. I topped my cupcakes with some of the berry flavoured Mott's Fruitsations and Veggie fruit snacks and they were gobbled up faster than ever!


Mini Raspberry Filled Chocolate Cupcakes - makes 60 mini cupcakes

1 box Betty Crocker SuperMoist Devil's Food Cake Mix
Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
2/3 cup (150 mL) seedless raspberry jam
1 cup (250 mL) fresh or frozen (thawed) raspberries
1 container Betty Crocker Whipped Fluffy White Frosting
60 fresh raspberries or Mott's Fruitsations and Veggie fruit snacks, for decoration 

1. Heat oven to 350.

2. Make cake mix as directed on box, using water, oil and eggs.  Fill muffin cups 3/4 full (about 1 heaping tablespoon each). 

3. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre of cupcake comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.

4. By slowly spinning end of round handle of wooden spoon back and forth, make deep, 1/2-inch-wide indentation in centre of top of each cupcake, not quite to bottom (wiggle end of spoon in mini cake to make opening large enough).

 5. Spoon jam into small resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag. Cut 3/8-inch tip off 1 bottom corner of bag. Insert tip of bag into opening in each cupcake; squeeze bag to fill opening.

 6. In blender, place 1 cup raspberries. Cover; pulse 20 seconds or until pureed. Press puree through small strainer to remove seeds. Pour 1/4 cup raspberry puree into medium bowl; stir in frosting until well mixed. Frost cupcakes. Garnish each with  one raspberry or Mott's Fruitsations and Veggie fruit snack, if desired.

If I only want 20 mini cupcakes, I measure out my cake mix and use 1/3 of the mix and 1/3 of the water, oil, and eggs. Since three eggs are needed for the full recipe, this is easy math!

“Disclosure – I am participating in the Mott’s Fruitsations & Veggie fruit snacks Blogger Campaign by Mom Central Canada. I received compensation as a thank you for participating and for sharing my honest opinion. The opinions on this blog are my own.”

No comments:

Post a Comment