When I serve dessert, I love to serve individual portions. Individual portions always look prettier and we eat with our eyes first, so looking good counts for a lot.
Today's dessert recipe is a new version of one of my old faithful desserts, my favourite recipe for Carrot Cake and I added in a fruity banana frosting to make it extra special. I think my dessert looks yummy and I know you'll agree after just one bite!
Carrot Cake in a Cup - serves 12
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon each vanilla baking soda, and cinnamon
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup each dried cranberries and raisins
1 1/2 cups finely grated carrots
1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
1/4 cup each coconut and and dried pineapple
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup banana, mashed (about one banana)
1/2 teaspoon each vanilla and lemon juice
3 1/4 cups icing sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar and then add in the eggs.
3. In another bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and then stir in the pineapple, carrots, and dried fruit.
5. Divide onto two cookie sheets, lined with parchment paper, and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the centre of the cake clean.
6. Let cool and make your icing. Cream together all icing ingredients except for icing sugar. Gradually add icing sugar until icing reaches your desired consistency. Set aside.
7. Use a cup and cut out 24 circles of cake. Place a circle of cake in the bottom of 12 cups. Top with some icing. Place the remaining 12 circles of cake on top of the icing. Finish each dessert with more icing and a little sprinkle of coconut and dried pineapple.
8. Dig in with friends!