For Lesley I have two holiday appetizers, an easy Asian meatball dipping sauce and a holiday bruschetta. I think they're both unique and pretty special, just like Lesley. Here are the recipes!
Holiday Bruschetta and Easy Asian Meatball Dipping Sauce
Easy Asian Meatball Dipping Sauce - serves 6
2 teaspoons pickled ginger, minced
2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 lime, zest and juice
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon honey
1. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Serve with meatballs for dipping!
If you prefer a sweeter sauce, add a little more honey. If you prefer a spicier sauce, add a little more chili garlic sauce. Or if you prefer a zestier sauce, add a little more lime juice.
Holiday Bruschetta - serves 6
1 baguette, thinly sliced into rounds
1 large onion, finely chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 pint of cherry or grape tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup of olives, chopped
1 cup of mozzarella cheese, grated
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and onions to a pan on your stove at medium low heat. Let onions slowly caramelize, about 10 minutes. Stir in balsamic vinegar and cook another 1-2 minutes.
2. When onions are finished cooking, preheat oven to 375 degrees, then prepare your bruschetta topping. Combine onion, tomatoes, olives, cheese, and remaining two tablespoons of olive oil in a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
3. Divide the tomato mixture between the rounds of baguette and place each round on a cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 15-25 minutes or until the cheese melts and browns slightly.
5. Serve with friends and enjoy!