Thursday 19 July 2012

Being Corny

I think it's important to laugh at yourself. And this is one I am very successful at -- laughing at myself all the time. I am a little bit corny and being silly makes me happy. 

So I am going to warn you, this post is seriously corny. And it's going to start off with a corny joke. 

Question: Why is it not wise to tell secrets in a corn field? 

Answer: Because there are too many ears! 

I can hear all you groaning from here, but hopefully I made you smile! Let's keep the corn going and cook with it. Today's simple recipe is a cheesy and corny dish that's easy to make on the BBQ or in a steamer. I promise it'll make you smile more than my corny joke did. 

Cheesy Corn on the Cob

8 cobs of corn, husks and silk removed
1/4 cup of butter
2 limes, quartered
1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese, grated
Salt and pepper to taste
Oil, if grilling

1. Heat your grill to medium heat and brush your corn with oil. Turn on the BBQ until each side cook and char slightly on some kernels. Alternatively, steam your corn on the stove. Both ways of cooking will take about 5 minutes from when the grill or the steamer comes to temperature.

2. When the corn is fully cooked, roll it in butter and squeeze lime quarters onto each piece.

3. Then sprinkle grated cheese on each cob and season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!

It was a little chilly when I made the corn in the above picture, so I steamed my corn. Next time I will BBQ it for sure because I love the flavour of BBQ'd food!

No comments:

Post a Comment