When you think of grilled cheese, I bet most of you think of two pieces of crispy bread sandwiching together soft melted cheese with maybe a little ketchup on the side. Maybe a few of you think of something a little more gourmet like an aioli on the side or a spread in the middle, but I don't think any of you think of what I'm about to share with you.
Today I made Life Made Delicious' Cedar-Planked Brie and Berries and it was awesome. The cedar plank added a smokey delicious flavour, the honey drizzle added a sweetness, and the fruit added a little extra tang. I can't say that I've ever thought to grill a wheel of Brie before, but now I can't imagine not doing it again!
Open your eyes to a new world of summery grilled cheese with this delicious recipe!
Cedar-Planked Brie and Berries - serves 2-4
1 small cedar plank, untreated
1 small wheel of Brie
1/2 cup each of diced mango and berries
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 tablespoons of honey
Toast points or slices of baguette
1. Soak cedar plank for at least 30 minutes.
2. Preheat grill to medium heat.
3. Place the cheese on the cedar plank. Top cheese with mango, berries, and salt.
4. Grill until cheese is soft, but not too soft so you can't move it, about 15 minutes.
5. Remove plank from grill and transfer cheese to a serving plate. Drizzle with honey and serve with toast points or baguette slices. Enjoy!