Wednesday 28 August 2013

A Great Fish Dish

I know everyone doesn't love fish, or green beans for that matter, but this dish is worth trying. It's easy, quick, and best of all - all the flavours work together so well that it tastes awesome.

I've told Luke that I want real honest feedback from him on my cooking and sometimes it hurts, but sometimes it's wonderful. And the feedback from the dish was one of those wonderful times. The tartness, spiciness, and sweetness were just the right amount and everything was cooked nicely.

Sometimes I wonder why I asked for honest feedback on my cooking, but I know why when I get this kind of feedback. The dish is really as yummy as he says it is and I want all my dishes to improve to get to this same level of yumminess.


Fish, Green Bean, and Sweet Potato Stir Fry - Serve 4

2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons oil, divided
2 cup green beans, tip and tailed and cut into smaller pieces
2 large or 4 smaller fillets of fish, cut into 1 inch by 2-3 inch slivers (I used basa but halibut or any white fish would be great)
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon lime juice
2 teaspoons honey
1/2 bunch of cilantro, roughly chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste

1. Preheat oven to 450 and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Toss sweet potatoes with chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 2 tablespons oil. Bake for 20-30 minutes, flipping once, or until crispy and hot.

2. Meanwhile, sauté garlic in a large frying pan in the remaining oil. Add the fish and green beans and cook until just cooked, about five minutes depending on the thickness of your fish.

3. Add in lime juice, honey, salt and pepper, cilantro, and sweet potatoes. Stir together and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment