Friday 21 June 2013

Pocket of Happiness

Lately a lot of my dishes have been made with speed in mind. I still want everything to taste yummy, but I also want everything to be ready quickly. Today is the first day of summer and it's time to be enjoying the weather, not slaving away in the kitchen! 

Today's dish is a sandwich that's based on a salad I showed you last month, my Greek Chick Pea Salad. The salad was so quick and yummy that I used it for the base of an equally yummy pita pocket sandwich. My only problem now is that I don't know which dish I'll serve more often! 

Greek Chick Pea Pita Pockets - serves 4 

1 can of chick peas, drained and rinsed 
6 radishes, shredded 
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 jar of roasted red peppers, cut into strips
1/4 cup of kalamata olives, sliced (I prefer the kind that comes sliced in a jar)
1/2 pint of grape tomatoes, halved 
1/2 cucumber, chopped into bite sized pieces 
1/2 red onion, finely chopped 
1 1/2 cups baby spinach, roughly chopped
1/2 cup feta, crumbled  
2 tablespoons lemon juice 
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup basil, for garnish
4 pita pockets 

1. Gently toss all ingredients except pita pockets in a large bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

2. Spoon salad into pita pockets and enjoy immediately. 

So what do you like more, the salad or the pita pockets? I don't know what to choose...

No comments:

Post a Comment