Saturday 29 June 2013

Old Favourites

Sometimes I feel really creative in my kitchen and come up with tons of new dishes. And other times I slightly less creative and merely take a past winning dish and work on it a little to make it even more winning. 

Tonight's dish is a reworked favourite and if you love Asian foods stuffed full of garlic, ginger, peanut butter, and lime - I know you'll love it. I amped up these flavours from the original dish and made it into a complete meal with a side of sautéed spinach and some crispy tofu. 

Read on for my reworked recipe!

Crispy Tofu with Asian Spaghetti Squash - serves 4

I recipe of Spaghetti Squash with Tangy Asian Sauce, sauce doubled and basil optional 
1 block of extra firm tofu, sliced into 1.5 inch squares 
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste 
10 oz spinach
Sesame seeds, for garnish

1. Prepare your spaghetti squash as per my previous recipe, but remember to double the sauce because the tofu needs it for extra flavour.

2. Warm the oil in a frying pan, lay the tofu in an even layer, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and fry on both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes on each side. 

3. When the tofu is browned, add the spinach to the pan and sauté until wilted. Season with salt and pepper. 

4. Scoop squash into bowls, tuck spinach into the side of each, top with fried tofu, and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Enjoy!

There are also nights where I have no creativity whatsoever, but I promise to never post about the nights I open my freezer for a pizza. Those nights can stay hidden away with my double dessert days....

No comments:

Post a Comment