Wednesday 5 June 2013

Guest Posting on Hun, What's For Dinner

Yesterday was my first guest post for my friend Cindy at Hun, What's For Dinner. And since it was my first ever guest post, I wanted it to be something special. I had a few ideas running through my head and while they all sounded delcious to me, when I came up making my own goldfish crackers I knew I had found a winner. 

For my whole guest post, visit Hun, What's For Dinner. Or, if you're already drooling over the photo, read on for my recipe.

Homemade Goldfish Crackers - makes about 40-50 small crackers or about 20-30 larger crackers

1 1/2 cups flour 
1/2 teaspoon baking power 
2 cups grated sharp cheese (I used 1/2 cup Parmesan and 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar)
6 tablespoons plain yogurt 
1/2 cup butter 
Salt, for sprinkling

1. Combine cheeses, yogurt, and butter in a food processor. Pulse until just combined. 

2. Add flour and baking powder and pulse a little more to incorporate all the flour. 

3. Empty dough from the food processor and form into two or three balls. Flatten balls into discs, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill in the fridge for about 20 minutes. 

4. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a couple of cookie sheets with parchment paper. 

5. Roll dough about 1/4 inch thick and cut out shapes. Place shapes on the parchment lined cookie sheets and sprinkle with salt. 

6. Bake for about 10 minutes and cool. 

If you don't have a food processor you could use a pastry cutter or a butter knife. It will take a little longer to incorporate the dough but it will taste just as delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment