Sunday 9 June 2013

Breakfast Fanatic

I used to be someone that didn't bother with breakfast. I would rather skip the time it took to make it, eat it, and tidy up in exchange for a few precious extra minutes of sleep. Now, I don't know how I did that because I love breakfast!

I love waking up in the morning and knowing that I'm going to be doing my body good by eating something healthy and delicious. And Dorset Cereals' muesli and granola served over yogurt are some of the best quick and easy breakfasts that I've discovered recently - and I should know because I was given all seven of their yummy versions to try!

So other than a quick and easy breakfast, why do I think you should try Dorset Cereals? Here are my top five reasons:

1. They're from Poundbury, England - a lovely village created by the vision of Prince Charles. Who doesn't love England?

2. There is no added sugar or preservatives - they contain only natural sweeteners.

3. There's enough whole grains and goodness to keep you full from breakfast to lunch.

4. With seven awesome flavours, there's enough to choose one per day of the week so you'll never get bored.

5. They make really good, chewy cookies too.

If you don't believe me about the cookies, read on for a great recipe!

Chocolate Chip and Dorset Muesli Cookies - makes about 2 dozen cookies

1 cup flour 
1/2 teaspoon each of salt and baking soda
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar 
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla 
3/4 cup chocolate chips, I used a mix of white chocolate chips and milk chocolate chunks
1 cup Dorset muesli, I used Dorset Cereals Simply Nutty Muesli 

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. 

2. Cream butter and sugar. Add the vanilla and egg. 

3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda.

4. Add flour  mixture to the butter mixture and stir in muesli and chocolate chips.

5. Drop spoons of dough onto cookie sheets and bake for about 7-9 minutes or until crispy. 

6. Let cool and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment