Friday 1 February 2013

Chicken Soup for the Soul

Chicken noodle soup always makes me feel comforted, but this winter I seem to have more sniffles than normal and I am getting bored with my typical soup recipe. It's not that I don't like my usual soup, it's just that Sometimes I need something a little spicier than normal. Luckily, today's recipe is the perfect solution. 

This soup is full of Asian flavours and a little heat, but it's still a comforting hug on a cold day. Read on for my Asian Chicken and Rice Soup recipe! 

Asian Chicken and Rice Soup - serves 4-6

4 cups of chicken stock
2 cups chopped chicken
1 lemon grass stock, bottom six inches only or 3 teaspoons lemon grass purée
1 inch piece of ginger, peeled nd chunk into chunks
2 cloves of garlic, peels and smashed
1 tablespoon yellow hot sauce
1 1/2 cups of brown rice, cooked
3 cups baby bok choy, sliced into ribbons
1/2 bunch green onions, sliced thinly for garnish
1/4 cup cilantro, for garnish
Salt and pepper

1. Heat stock in a soup pot and add lemon grass, ginger, garlic, and hot sauce. Cook until flavour is infused, about 10 minutes.

2. Remove lemon grass, ginger, and garlic. Add chicken and bok choy, cook until chicken is warm and bok choy is soft.

3. Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir in rice. Serve in bowls topped with green onions and cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment