Wednesday 6 February 2013

Pork Wrapped Pork

Today's post may not be one for the side of me that is trying to eat more vegetarian, but even the phrase "cold turkey" has meat in it and I think that means you can't stop eating meat in on a whim. Sometimes have to cheat. 

And if I have to cheat, I'd cheat with this delicious Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin. There's something decadent with eating a crispy piece of bacon on top on a succulent piece of pork tenderloin. And when the bacon is maple bacon, it's even more decadent. I love maple bacon. 

Want the recipe? Keep on reading...

Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin - serves 3-4

1 pork tenderloin
3-4 pieces of bacon, maple bacon if possible
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 sprig of rosemary, finely chopped
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Pepper

1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. This is only way to get the bacon crispy and the pork tenderloin juicy. I promise that it'll work out.

2. In a small bowl, whisk together sugar, mustard, and rosemary. Smear this mixture all over the pork tenderloin and season it with pepper.

3. Wrap the bacon around the pork tenderloin and tuck the ends underneath it to secure them.

4. Grind a little more pepper on top and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the middle of the pork tenderloin reads 145 degrees.

5. Rest, slice, serve, and enjoy ever bite. :)

2 comments:

  1. Shared on Foodie Friends Friday linky party: http://www.foodiefriendsfriday.com/2013/02/foodie-friends-friday-recipe-party-with.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious and I am going to have to try it the next time I make pork tenderloin. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday and I hope that you will join us again this coming week.

    ReplyDelete