This beet salad is one of the best salads that I've ever made. It had soft and sweet roasted beets, tangy cambozola cheese, and crunchy roasted hazelnuts. And it doesn't need much than that to be perfect.
I also love that this salad is delicious served warm as a side dish, or even a main dish, and that it's equally delicious served cold for lunch the next day. Very few salads can achieve this kind of perfection.
6 medium beets
1/2 cups of hazelnuts
1/4 cup of cambozola cheese, finely chopped
2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
1. Roast your beets. I prick them with a knife, wrap them in foil, and roast them whole in the oven at 350 degrees for a couple hours when I have a turkey or a roast cooking. If you don't have a need for your oven to be on that long, I bet the beets would also be good peeled and roasted in chunks too.
2. Let your beets cool and then peel them gently, if you roasted them whole. Then chop them into pieces and place them on serving plate.
3. While your beets are cooling, roast your nuts in the oven for about 10 minutes or until you can start to smell a perfectly yummy nut smell coming from your oven.
4. Top your beets with the nuts and chopped cambozola cheese and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
5. Serve warm or cold and enjoy!