Monday 24 December 2012

Play With Your Food

It's Christmas Eve and I'm baking gingerbread cookies to hang on my Christmas tree this morning, but this year Santa might be getting something a little different to eat as he fills my stocking. This year I made Eggnog Fudge and it was as easy to make as it is delicious.

Let me start off by saying that I've never made fudge before and that I was a little apprehensive of making it with white chocolate, but this fudge is like no other fudge. It has marshmallows in it and set almost immediately.

Then, because it's Christmas Eve and everyone always feels a little childlike on Christmas Eve, I decided to get crafty and play with my food. I turned my Eggnog Fudge into snowmen! Read on for the recipe.

Eggnog Fudge - serves 12

1/2 cup eggnog
1 1/2 cups white sugar
3/4 cup mini marshmallows
1/4 teaspoon each of cinnamon and nutmeg
1 tablespoon butter, chilled
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
Sprinkles and orange zest, for decoration

1. Spray two small pie plates with cooking spray or 1 9x9 inch baking pan.

2. Combine the sugar and eggnog in a small pot on your stove and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for two minutes.

3. Stir in the mini marshmallows and spices. Return to a boil for six minutes, stirring constantly. Don't worry if the mixture starts to brown slightly.

4. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter and white chocolate chips. Stir until chocolate chips melt and mixture turns glossy.

5. Pour into pie plates and cool at room temperature, about two hours.

6. When mixture is cool, cut into small pieces and enjoy as is or decorate and make into snowmen for for a special treat for Santa!

No comments:

Post a Comment