Saturday 8 December 2012

Cream of the Crop

On the eighth day of Christmas my true love gave to me... Eight maids a milking and a prize from Werther's Original! 

Werther's recently had a great contest where everyone was asked to come up with an original recipe for Werther's Caramel Season. I love snacking on Werther's caramels but I haven't baked with them a lot, so I racked my brain for something delicious to enter. 

I finally decided to revamp one of my favourite cookie recipes to use Werther's Soft Caramels and I won! I thought that since these cookies involve whipping cream, it would only be fitting to share on the eighth day of Christmas :)

Werther's Peanut Butter and Caramel Thumbprints - makes 12 cookies

1 cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
3 tablespoons whipping cream
8 Werther's Soft Caramels
2 tablespoons chopped peanuts, for garnish

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

2. Combine peanut butter, sugar, and egg in a large bowl. Roll into 12 balls and press your thumb into each cookie before placing them on your cookie sheet.

3. Bake cookies for about 20 minutes.

4. While cookies are baking, combine Werther's Soft Caramels and whipping cream in a small pot on low heat. Stir until combined and melted. Let cool in the freezer or fridge.

5. When cookies come out of the oven, take off cookie sheet and cool on a wire rack. You may need to press thumbprints down on the rack again.

6. When cookies have cooled, pour a teaspoon of caramel sauce in each thumbprint and sprinkle chopped peanuts on top. Enjoy!

The picture I used is from Werther's website. They posted my recipe on their site! I do wish they used the picture I sent to them, but their garnish free version looks yummy too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment