Thursday 6 December 2012

Golden Goose

A Golden Goose is something that will continue to make someone rich or successful for a long period of time. And a Golden Goose is what I always think of when I hear the the line about the sixth day of Christmas, six geese a-laying. I always think about six geese lining up and laying six beautiful golden eggs.

Anna Olson's cookie, Salted Orange Toffee Slices, are a Golden Goose of a cookie. They're perfect with tea, have golden flecks of orange zest and toffee throughout, and they're perfect for sharing - all points to keep someone happy, rich, and successful for a long period of time. 

I changed a few things from Anna's recipe, mostly because I couldn't get the perfect square shapes she called for, because I didn't like the sound of salt on the tops of my cookies, and because I am too impatient to wait two hours for my cookie dough to cool in the fridge. Keep reading for my version of the recipe. 

Orange Toffee Cookies - makes 3-4 dozen

3/4 cup butter or margarine 
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons orange zest, about the zest from one large orange
1 egg, beaten
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup toffee bits, Skor are great
1 pinch of salt

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. 

2. Cream butter and sugar with the orange zest and then add in the egg. Stir in the flour, salt, and baking soda, followed by the toffee bits. 

3. Using two spoons, spoon out dough onto the parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes. 

4. After the cookies are finished baking, cool on a wire rack and enjoy with tea and friends. 

1 comment:

  1. Useful information shared..I am very happy to read this article..thanks for giving us nice info.Fantastic walk-through. I appreciate this post. srp best rice in Pakistan I am absolutely amazed at how terrific the stuff is on this site. I have saved this webpage

    ReplyDelete