There’s the obvious choice of pairing meatballs with spaghetti and tomato sauce, my brother’s choice of stuffing them with cheese and rolling them with rice, the Italian wedding choice of serving them in soups, and the Hawaiian way of serving them with pineapple for an appetizer.
Meatballs are delicious in all of these ways and more. For instance, meatballs are also great served with a sticky sauce and rice.
Today’s recipe is a simple sticky sauced meatball meal that’s great to put together on a weeknight. But, the best part of this meal is that it doesn’t taste like you through it together on a weeknight.
It tastes special and delicious. Here’s my Easy Honey Garlic Meatball recipe!
Honey Garlic Meatballs - serves 4-6 for a main or lots for appys!
3/4 cup milk
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup finely diced onion
1/2 cup finely diced red pepper
2 teaspoons salt
1.5 pounds ground turkey or beef
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon buttre
3/4 cup ketchup
1/2 cup honey
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Make your meatballs. Combine eggs and milk in a large bowl. Add the bread crumbs, onion, pepper, and salt. Mix in meat and roll into 1 inch balls.
3. Bake meatballs on cookie sheets for 12-15 minutes.
4. While meatballs are cooking, make your sauce. Saute the garlic in the butter until soft. Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to boil. Once sauce begins to boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook another few minutes.
5. Drizzle meatballs with the sauce and enjoy!
I think this dish feels very Asian and should be served with an Asian veggie and rice for a main meal, but it would also be delicious served as a finger food appetizer because who doesn’t love meatballs?