But that's not all in the story of curry...
The most important part is there are tons of health benefits to eating curry!
1. Turmeric, a primary ingredient in many curries, is associated with easing the swelling of joints and also may reduce the risk of Alzheimer's and dementia.
2. The antioxidants in curry might help reduce the risk of cancer.
3. The chili in curries help to boost immune systems.
4. Many spices in curry help with digestion.
5. Black pepper in curry helps to break down fat cells. And the balance of veggies and proteins in the dishes are great for this too.
6. Curry might help to manage asthma.
7. You won't believe this one... Curry can also help to improve your appearance! Turmeric and cinnamon can help to improve your skin and other ingredients can help to improve your hair and nails!
I should tell you that the curry I just made doesn't have turmeric in it, but it's great tasting. And now, after reading about turmeric, I am going to be getting use to more of that in my diet!
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 can of unsweetened coconut milk
1 cup of chicken stock
3 tablespoons of green curry paste
2 1/2 tablespoons of fish sauce
1 teaspoon of brown sugar
2 cups of cooked chicken, chopped or shredded into bite sized pieces
1 cup Enoki mushrooms
1 cup frozen peas
1. Warm olive oil and cook garlic and onions in a large pan on medium heat.
2. Add curry paste and stir to combine. Add chicken stock, fish sauce, brown sugar, and coconut milk. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in chicken, mushrooms, and frozen peas. Cook until peas are warmed through, about 2 minutes.
4. Serve with brown rice (for the added health benefits) and enjoy!
A yummy topper for this dish is any leftover black sesame seed crispies from my Sesame Dumplings with Baked Rhubarb dessert!