Only this time it's not buns, it's coconut shrimp. And this time it's not Luke liking the way I cooked, but instead he liked the concept behind it.
And... he got extra creative because he didn't even make the same course that I did; he made an appetizer and I made dinner.
Well lucky you, because I won't make you wait any longer.
Maybe I will make you wait just one more moment... But it's interesting so I think it'll be work it.
Looking at these photos again, I see we used the same plates and the same frame for the photos. It wasn't our intention, but maybe this helps you judge the winner?
If not, surely tasting both will.
My dish - Curried Coconut Shrimp
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1 tablespoon oil
1 medium sweet onion, diced
2 tablespoons grated ginger (try freezing your ginger before grating to make it easier)
1 tablespoon curry paste (I used green and the colour still turned out great)
3/4 cup canned tomato, drained
3/4 cup coconut milk
1 lb pre cooked shrimp, defrosted
1/3 cup dwarf basil, or finely sliced basil
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Pinch of salt and pepper
1. Warm oil in a large pan on medium heat. Add onion and ginger. Saute until onion is cooked through, about 3 minutes.
2. Add curry paste, tomatoes, and coconut milk. Stir and cook another 3-5 minutes.
3. Using an immersion blender, puree sauce until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add shrimp to the pureed sauce and warm.
5. Sprinkle with fresh basil and a squeeze of lime juice. Serve with rice and veggies.
And Luke's dish - Easy Coconut Shrimp Ring