Wednesday 1 June 2011

Putting the Can into Canucks

Isn't it great that a hockey team from Vancouver BC can bring a whole country together?

The sounds coming from the street near my house when the Canucks won Game 7 to bring them into the playoffs for the Stanley Cups were almost as loud as the Olympics. There were horns, cheers, and I think, if I listened carefully enough I could even hear a few tears from the losing American team fans.

Well, tonight the Canucks did it again and secured a last minute win of Game 1 in the Stanley Cup. This win just goes to show that Canada and the Canucks Can do it. We Can win.

And to prove it, let's look at another comparison between Canada and the USA using two snack foods that people dive into with all the grace of a hippo sliding into a big mud bath.

Incase you can't guess, I'm talking about Poutine and Philly Cheese Steaks.

Did you really think I was going to say apple pie?

Both have cheese, both have great sauces, both have carbs, and both taste great. But both are different, and I know which one I'd rather be eating right about now.


If you can't decide, maybe try my Philly Cheese Steak Poutine and get the best of both countries. I suggest trying it when the Canucks win the Stanley Cup, and maybe that will help you get off the fence.

I know this one's not the prettiest of my creations, but is hockey really all that pretty?

Go Canucks, you Can do it! Boo-ins Boo!

No comments:

Post a Comment