Sunday 5 June 2011

Please Sir Can I Have S'more?

I definitely love s'mores. They're ooey and gooey, chocolatey, crunchy, and you get to bend over a hot camp fire to make them.

I don't think there's anything about the actual s'mores I don't like.

There are things about camping I don't like though. I don't like the bugs, the cold, sleeping on the ground, no toilets, or no electricity.

But the s'mores? I like those just fine.

I've tried making myself some s'mores in my oven by taking marshmallows, graham crackers, and pieces of chocolate and wrapping the little sandwiches up in tin foil. But they never taste quite right...

The chocolate still melts, the crackers are still crunchy, and the marshmallow goes all gooey, but somehow it's not right...

I think it's the marshmallow. I always try to make mine turn golden brown on a camp fire. But I usually get impatient and hold my stick closer than I should to the biggest flames, making my creation a bit black.

When I make s'mores in my oven, I cover the treats in tin foil. This means no heat directly touches my marshmallow and so it remains white.

But enough about that! I've found a solution for making s'mores at home and I think that these new treats might just overtake the goodness of s'mores on a campfire. They're that good.

So what are you waiting for? Get your bake on and try my Creamy S'More Squares.




Have these treats with a cold glass of milk and knowing that you will be sleeping in your bed at home tonight will make your smile grow even wider, if that's possible!

Incase you aren't convinced yet, here's a few shots of me camping and making spider dogs. This is sure to make you want to stay home and make Creamy S'More Squares in the oven.

I know I look happy but I think how cold I was feeling conveys well in the photos. It's Victoria Day weekend and I'm in a winter coat!


No comments:

Post a Comment