Wednesday 24 December 2014

Take Back Thursday Gingerbread Delights #TBT

Since Chrismas falls on Thursday this year, I thought it would be fun to re-use my favourite Christmas cookie recipe today and show you how I decorated my gingerbread cookies this Christmas. I'm just posting early since I know I'll be a little busy tomorrow!  

This year I bought a reindeer cookie cutter and created little reindeer and Santa combos to munch with milk, eggnog, or whatever our hearts desire tonight. And, if there are any left, Santa will get some too! 

Enjoy your holiday tomorrow! Best wishes from my home to yours! 


Gingerbread Cookies - makes about 2 dozen cookies

1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup fancy molasses

1. Sift dry ingredients in one bowl and cream butter and sugar in another bowl. Add the egg and the molasses to the bowl with the butter and then gradually add in the the flour mixture mixture.

2. Chill the batter in your fridge for about 1-2 hours and then get ready to roll and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

3. Roll the dough to a quarter inch thickness and cut out shapes. If you want to hang some cookies on your tree, use a straw to punch out holes now.

5. Bake for about 8 minutes and let cool before you decorate.

I used marshmallow fluff for my Santa beards, pink frosting, and chocolate chips. Next year I think I will some little silver dragees to use as bells on Santa hats and sleigh bells!

No comments:

Post a Comment