Saturday 6 April 2013

French Food at Home

Whenever I go out to eat French cooking I always feel heavy on my way home. Sure, of course I love the way butter and cream tastes. But with each of those indulgent bites I know how I will feel for the next few hours. 

Today I am sharing one of my favourite French treats that doesn't make me feel heavy. I feel light, airy, and perfectly content during and after eating this meal. Add feeling good to the fact that the filling for these crepes is so versatile and you'll end up with a recipe that you'll keep turning back to.

Easy and Delicious Crepes - makes 12 - 16 crepes 

1 1/3 cups flour 
1/4 teaspoon salt 
4 eggs 
1 1/2 cups milk 
2 tablespoons melted butter, plus a little more for the pan 

1. Mix together the flour and salt in one large bowl and the eggs, milk, and butter in a small bowl. 

2. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk to combine. 

3. Heat a large non stick frying pan and brush it with a little butter. 

4. Pour about 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan and quickly swirl the pan around so that your crepe will be thin and even. Cok about 1 minute so the bottom of the crepe turns golden. 

5. Flip the crepe and cook until the other side turns golden as well, about 1 more minute. 

6. Fill the crepe with whatever you like and enjoy! 

My filling included a sauté of kale, mushrooms, leftover cooked chicken, and a little cream of mushroom soup. I wasn't planning on sharing that with you, but it was actually really tasty for a quick weeknight meal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment